Who have been reading my blog for a while probably know that this place is for normal foods. I and my family all eat meat, fish, vegs, fruits everything. But since my younger boy has dairy allergy I made some search on the web and found that there are so many healthy stuff I haven’t tried. And as I’m a big dieter (really, I have tried dozen of diets) decided to go for a gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate fudge. And You guys put your hands in the air if You have never ever had guilty conscience about having chocolate or sweets. Have You? Well, if You eat a piece of this You won’t have any more. I promise.
appr. 200 gr ( 7oz) cashews
100-150 gr (3.5 -5.2 oz) coconut chips (depends to your taste)
appr 10 big deseeded dates
60 gr (2.1 oz) raw cocoa powder
50-80 ml maple syrup
pinch of salt
- Put the cashews into a food processor. Pulse on medium until get finely grated. Keep an eye on that and stop at this step otherwise it can easily go for a cashew butter.
- Add the coconut chips and pulse for an other few minutes.
- Add the dates, cocoa powder, salt and maple syrup.
- When all it comes together will be a very sticky batter. Take a plastic appr 12 X 20 cm rectangle shape container. Line with a piece of baking paper and pour the batter in. Arrange nicely with the back of a spoon.
- Make a ganache: put the coconut oil, maple syrup, salt into the food processor. Add the cocoa powder, too. Pulse until it comes together. Pour over the top of the base then chill for at least an hour.
- Remove the baking sheet from the bottom and cut into slices with a sharp knife.
- Keep in the fridge until served.