Half term is here! Hurray! My boys were more than exhausted and they really deserve some rest. Both of the worked hard since September and their achievement is quite nice. I’m really proud of them.
As Halloween is around the corner they are quite excited to carve some pumpkins, got ready with their fancy costume and on the top both of their Grandmas visited us. So they are spoiled…. But even if Nannies cook their dinner which is often a kind of stew I insist on having a meat-freeMonday as usual. And as beetroot is one of my favorites vegs with its lovely vibrant pink color and fresh green leaves I made an easy-peasy dinner ready under 30 minutes.
4 big beetroots
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp salt
for the dippings:
2 ripe avocados
half of lemon juice
half of garlic cloves
1 sweet red chilli
salt to taste
spicy yogurt dipping:
150 gr (5 ounces) yogurt
2-3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 C (356 F). Line a baking sheet with kitchen foil and spread the oil over that with a brush.
- Wash the beetroots, cut the stalks off. Don’t peel them! Cut the beetroots into wedges then put into a bowl. Add the salt and mix well with hands to cover the salt evenly. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Bake the beetroots for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Don’t leave to bake too long or get mashy.
- Meanwhile make the dippings. For the guacamole halve the avocados, remove the seeds. Scoop the flesh out into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add salt, lemon juice, finely grated garlic and finely chopped chilli. Stir well and set aside until served.
- For the spicy yogurt dipping put the yogurt int a serving bowl. Spread the sweet chilli sauce over the top and stir with a toothpick to be marble.
- Serve the warm chips with the dippings.
Some of my other beetroot recipes:
Beetroot and Coconut Milk Soup with Goat Cheese
Beetroot Orange and Cardamom Baklava
Other delicious beetroot recipes:
Indian style Beet Burgers by a Brown Table
Beet Carrot and Pomegranate Salad by Foodie Crush
Orange Flavored Beetroot Waffles by Almond Corner
Beetroot is also my favorite, this one with the avocado sounds great, thanks for the idea 🙂
Thalia @ butter and brioche
Good thing I have all the ingredients on hand to make these delicious beetroot chips! Love that you made a guacamole to go alongside them as well, Pinned!
YUM! I'm going to try this. I love beets
Must do this yummy snack!
Craig - The Usual Saucepans
Wow – these look delicious! Also love the idea of dipping them in guacamole.
I'm happy that not only me who is in love with beetroot 🙂 And it's really healthy and yummy, trust me 🙂