Well, I haven’t written any posts here for a while…. I spent summer time with my family and my lovely friends, and tried to get inspiration from different sources and had rest. I visited some outstanding restaurants, tasted untraditional meals created by brilliant chefs and had some interesting chats with talented photographers. And I challenged my skills every day…
But now, when my son is back to school and my younger one has just started to talk fluently and getting to be independent I stood back into my spacious kitchen and took shots of my new dishes. It was quite busy today so I would’ve liked to cook something under 30 minutes. There were some fresh, turkish figs in my fridge and I thought they should’ve been delicious with baked camembert seasoned with some rosemary or thyme sprigs. It has really worked! So go for it, figs are in season now and available widely in the biggest supermarkets. It’s definitely ready under 30 minutes!
250 gr french, good quality camembert
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
2-3 fresh figs
runny honey to taste
some fresh bagett slices, rosemary, and thyme sprigs to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Unwrap the cheese from its packaging and then place back into its box. Scratch the top of the cheese with a sharp knife.
- Finely slice the rosemary and thyme sprigs then sprinkle over the top of cheese. Place the cheese on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until gooey.
- Meanwhile put the butter into a small saucepan.
- Wash figs, slice into quarters and put into the saucepan. Stir frequently until soft, then pour over with honey. Keep warm and set aside.
- Remove cheese from the oven and serve warm with figs, fresh sprigs and bagett.
How to lose fat
thaks for sharing. Looks so delicious. I want to try at home.
Going to do this for and East meets West Dinner Party – looks wonderful x