It’s another day to bake some sweet again… I will put on some weight I’m afraid….
But this loaf is very-very moist and delicious, and it’s totally egg-free. So if someone had egg-allergy it’s more than perfect loaf to bake. I could have eaten almost the half of that, so I just waited for the moment of the perfect shot to get a piece of this….
I love it!
175 gr date (pitted, roughly chopped)
200 ml boiling water
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
200 gr plain flour
60 gr rolled oats
125 gr pecan (roughly chopped)
80 gr light brown sugar
1 tbsp natural greek yogurt
butter to serve
loaf tin is 20 cm X 10 cm
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Place a baking sheet into tin and cover it carefully.
- Place date into a heatproof bowl and pour over boiling water and golden syrup. Stir well and set aside.
- Mix flour, bicarbonate of soda, oats, pecans in a bowl. Add the date mixture and stir roughly.
- Add yogurt and try to come together carefully, but please don’t overmix the batter as during baking it won’t rise and remain flat.
- Spoon mixture into tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave cool for a few minutes.
- Place on a wire rack and then slice until warm, serve with butter and marmalade.