3 parsnips (350 gr)
50 gr (1.76 oz) unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves
300 ml ( 1.25 cup) milk
150 ml (0.75 cup) cream
appr 250-350 ml (1-1,5 cup) vegetable stock
some oil for frying
some sprigs of flat leaf parsley
- Heat the butter in a pan. Add the finely sliced shallots and sautee for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile peel the parsnips then slice thinly. Add the slices to the butter and stir frequently until turns into brown and caramellised.
- Add the mashed garlic cloves, salt and pepper and add the stock. Cook for a few minutes then pour into the jug of a blender and make a smooth puree on medium for a few minutes.
- Pour the puree back into the pan, add the milk and cream and heat on low. Stir frequently and season to taste.
- Meanwhile peel the parsnip for garnish and slice very thinly. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium and when hot add the parsnip slices. Fry until brown and crispy. Take out with a spotted spoon and leave on kitchen towel.
- Garnish the soup with parsnip crisps, chilli flakes, and finely sliced flat leaf parsley. Serve warm.