Do You like deviled eggs? I love it!
There are so many ways of presenting, filling and serving. Sometimes I just fill it with a very simple soft cheese-yoghurt-chives mixture, and sometimes I add some more extras.
Like in recent one. My concept was to taste the smoked flavor of salmon in it, then I reckoned avocado would have gone well with salmon, but what else could have crowned the whole composition?
Caviar of course!
10 hard boiled eggs
1 small ripe avocado
100 gr smoked salmon
2 tbsp soft cheese (natural)
3-4 tbsp natural yoghurt
1 teaspoon mustard
squeeze of lemon juice
some finely chopped flat leaf parsley
1 finely chopped shallot (optional)
1-2 tbsp caviar
some parsley leaves
- Half the eggs lengthways, then spoon out the yolk carefully.
- Put the yolks into a blender, or chopper with the chopped salmon, soft cheese, salt, pepper, mustard, lemon juice, parsley and finely chopped shallot. It’s probably very thick so add 2 tbsp yoghurt. Chop on medium for 2 minutes, then check how thick is. Add some more yoghurt to have a nice, smooth cream which can hold the shape pretty well if You spoon the filling back.
- Finally half the avocado, remove the core, scoop to a board then chop the flesh but don’t smash! Carefully fold in the mixture, season to taste and fill back into the egg shells with a teaspoon.
- Keep in the fridge at least for 1-2 hours to set.
- Garnish with some parsley leaves and red or black caviar. Serve with toast or salad.